The aim of this exercise is to identify the interests of the students and what they reveal about them. It should also stress the importance of hobbies in the search for employment. The exercise can also be used as a tool for students to research subjects they know little about.
- Print the attached "hobbies and interests" sheet attached
- Ask students to read through the list below and
- Put a "tick" in any box which interests them
- Put an "X" if they have no skill or knowledge about this activity but would like to find out more
- Pick out the top five interests and write them in the space provided
- Each student can tell the rest of the group which hobbies they like and why.